Buffalo Wings and Bluetooth . . .

Today was a nice, cool, rainy morning and afternoon, perfect for just lazing around the rig the whole time.

Especially since Jan was coming off a migraine.

This morning I got something a little different  in my email, a bill from the Lake Conroe Thousand Trails for $15, apparently left over from our recent hurricane-related extended stay here. I have a receipt for a $20 payment about the same time, a payment that doesn’t show on their records, so I’m guessing that will make up the difference. Hopefully.

With Jan feeling a lot better after a shower, we headed out about 3:45 for linner and some shopping. Linner was at Buffalo Wild Wings, one of our favorites. Especially since today is Half Price Wings Tuesday.

Or it used to be.

The last time we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings was back in May in Rapid City, SD, along with new friend’s Dave and Jeanne. And since was a Tuesday, our wings were all half price. But no more.

Apparently we ate so many wings that a month or so later, they discontinued the special. Instead It’s now Half Price Boneless Wings Tuesday. And since I don’t really care for the boneless variety, that doesn’t help me much.

But Jan like the boneless version so she got hers with Asian Zing sauce,

Buffalo Wild Wings Conroe 2

while I got my traditional wings with my usual Mango Habanero sauce, very hot.

Buffalo Wild Wings Conroe 1

We also got an order of Potato Wedges, also really good.

Leaving the restaurant we headed over to the nearby Sam’s Club so I could pick a prescription and a few other things. Walking down the aisle I came across these.

Bluetooth Beanie 1

Bluetooth Beanies

With no wires and built-in earphones, it makes a Bluetooth connection to your phone and lets you answer phone calls and listen to music, controlling the selection and the volume. And for only about $25.

As Sheldon says, “Everything’s better with Bluetooth.”

Bluetooth Beanie 2

Unfortunately I think you just get the beanies for your $25.

Then it was on to the next door Wal-Mart where Jan got her hair cut while I did the shopping. Finally coming home about 7:30, and after dark, we got to use our new remote to turn on both the outside and interior lights. Very nice.

Passport America, Save 50% on Campsites

Tomorrow’s another Clear Lake day so it’s on the road about 10am.

The Word of the Day is:  Nugatory

All will become clear when it is too late to matter.

fgvsfdgsfdg

6 Responses to Buffalo Wings and Bluetooth . . .

1. Paul Hildebrant says:

Greg I love your blog but please unsubscribe me to much information on my cell phone. I would rather read your blog on the internet. Thanking you in advance.

Paul,

I can’t unsubscribe you. You have to go back to the blog and type your email address back into the subscribe space and it will then allow you to unsubscribe.

Thanks for reading our blog. We appreciate your comments.

2. Linda in NE says:

Re: Jan’s migraines. I read another blog by a woman who has gone completely off grain products and sugar. She hasn’t had a migraine in three months except for the one time she fell off the wagon and had some pizza. She had been to the point of having one or two migraines a week  before the change in diet. I used to get migraines and definitely feel for Jan.

Linda,

Jan’s migraines seem to be based on her monthly cycle, or at least she seems to get them about once a month. It’s also a possible side effect of the Anastrozole that she takes as a breast cancer preventative. But thanks for the info.

3. Boots Gibson says:

Greg, you need to patent and sell that remote light idea.  I’m sure it would be a great option for new rig buyers and after market rig owners too.  No one likes coming home and fumbling in the dark especially if it’s raining!

Jan, so sorry you have those migraines.  I used to and trying to work during them was the worst! But they stopped for me the instant hot flashes started, just like a switch was flipped.  I long suspected they were hormonally based and that proved it to me.  Hope you find the answer for you.

Boots,

Unfortunately there’s really nothing to patent. Plus I think other high-end rigs come with it built in. But thanks for the encouragement.