What Were They Thinking?

Idiots and Frostbite!

A ninth-grader has frostbite after she was made to stand outside for 10 minutes barefoot and in a wet bathing suit during a fire alarm

It was 5 below with a 25 below wind chill. She was in the school’s pool when the fire alarm went off, and was rushed out with just her towel.

Due to ‘school policy’ she was not allowed to sit in a faculty members car, so she stood outside with her classmates surrounding her to try and keep her warm.

You can read more about these idiots here.



Now That’s a Wrong Turn!

Retired Army Sergeant Major Louis DiNatale was on his way to Vermont for vacation in his wife’s car when he took a wrong turn, ended up on a bridge to Canada, and was charged for possession of a firearm after Canadian customs agents found a small-caliber pistol in his wife’s console.

Although DiNatale made it clear he was on the bridge inadvertently and simply wanted to u-turn and return to the United States, he was handcuffed and could face three years in prison.
Check out the whole story below.

North Carolinians marching to protest voter-ID laws must present a valid photo ID to participate in an NAACP-hosted protest against voter-ID laws in Raleigh on Saturday.

The central claim among the protesters is that the  voter-ID laws disenfranchise certain segments of the voting population, particularly minority voters and poor voters.

According to official NAACP flyers passed out at the rally, protesters must carry the precise kind of ID that they would be expected to present at the voting booth.
Check out the rest of the story here.



Too Much Fox . . .

Well, it looks like WalMart has done it again.

You can never tell what these sneaky big corporations will do next.

Now they’ve been caught putting too much fox in their donkey.


I could see just a touch of fox for extra flavoring, but it’s very easy to go too far.

But then again, maybe the real problem is not enough donkey.in their fox.

You can check out the story here. Too Much Fox


Lost in Translation . . .

Under the heading, “I bet they have regerts now”, here’s some hilarious tattoo photos from the UK Telegraph website.

This young lady just wanted the name of her favorite flower tattooed on her back. Nice handwriting, though.

Sweet Pee Tattoo

Does this mean she’s diabetic now?

This next one is probably my favorite. The young lady went online and got the translation for “I Love You, David” in Hebrew and had it tattooed on her back for her Jewish boyfriend. But you’ve got to watch what you copy and paste on the Internet.

Lost in Translation Tattoo

Unfortunately what she had tattooed was “Babylon is the world’s leading dictionary and translation software”. Guess she just thought Hebrew was a really wordy language.

I bet this young man wishes he’d studied harder on those spelling tests.

No Regerts Tattoo

Think he’s got some Regerts now.

What Were They Thinking?


Where were these teachers when I was in school?

A University of Iowa teaching assistant was trying to email solutions to a pre-calculus homework assignment to the 28 students in her class. But instead she sent them nude pictures of her and her boyfriend.


Don’t think this was an AutoCorrect problem.

This never happen in any of my college classes. But then again I don’t remember having any professors I’d wanna see nude. So maybe it worked out for the best.

You can read more about it here:


What Was She Thinking?


Your Government At Work . . .

In 2008, HUD, the U.S. Housing and Urban Development Commission, granted the State of Arizona $2.6 million dollars to help build an apartment complex specifically designed for deaf and deaf-blind seniors. The $16.7 million project contains 75 units with such amenities as signs in braille, doorbells and smoke/fire alarms that flash bright lights in every room instead of ringing, and staff on-site fluent in ASL (American Sign Language).

The project, now called Apache ASL Trails, is at full capacity with a waiting list, and 85 percent of the residents are hearing-impaired, or have multiple disabilities. The other 15 percent are mostly spouses/family members who live with the disabled residents.

Then in January 2012, HUD apparently decided that having an apartment complex designed for the disabled and rented to the disabled, is discriminatory against the non-disabled, and that since disabled seniors are a minority, HUD is now suing the State of Arizona demanding that 75 percent of the apartments must now be rented to non-disabled seniors. This of course, being the same HUD that authorized the project back in 2008.

So far, the State of Arizona has spent $450,000 in legal fees fighting this. Your tax dollars at work.

You can read more about it here.


What Were They Thinking?


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *