Tomorrow for Sure . . .

Please remember, Our RV Adventures is an Amazon affiliate. When you do your shopping through any of the Amazon links here, including the Search Amazon box in the right sidebar, it won’t cost you any more, but we’ll get a small commission on everything you buy. Just click on the Amazon link, then shop as usual. Thanks.

Plus, many of you are sharing our blog with others using the “Share this:” buttons at the bottom of each blog. Again, Thanks.

After finishing my morning coffee, and the delicious Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit that Jan made for breakfast,

Jan's Sausage Biscuit

I started right in on getting the washer out of its hidey-hole. Since I had prepped everything last night, I just moved the floor dolly into place, grabbed the straps and started pulling.

Back in January 2013, after the first time I had to pull the washer out to replace a thermal fuse on the dryer heating coil, I installed these canvas straps down the rear of the dryer and out along the bottom to the front.

Dryer Straps



New Washer Straps

Otherwise you have to open the door and pull on the washer drum, not really a good idea. There is only about a 1/8” clearance along the top and sides of the cabinet, so there’s nothing else to get a hold of. But with the straps I can just grab hold and and start working it out.

And out it came,very quickly in fact. Getting it down on the small dolly, I pushed the washer aside to let me unhook the drain and turn off the water supply valves. Then after unscrewing the water hoses and pulling the metal vent hose out,  I was free to roll it out into the kitchen.

And the new small dolly made it much easier to maneuver around, butt that would come back to haunt me later.

Once it was in the kitchen, I turned the washer on its side and removed the bottom plate to take a quick look at the pump. And my luck was holding. This is what I found.

Washer Loose Wire

One of the wires to the pump had come loose.

Pulling off the spade connector I found that the wire had broken off in the lug, so I must have nicked the wire when I stripped it, and 9 months of vibration broke it off. Just to be on the safe side, I redid both of the connectors this time using strippers that won’t knick.

At this point I was ready to reinstall the washer, a new record after only about 30 minutes, but I decided to hold off. The dryer vent hose looked pretty crushed and beat up so I decided to get another one before I reinstalled the washer.

But that meant going out, so Jan and I headed out about 2pm to Home Depot coupled with another errand, before coming back to have a late lunch at the Culver’s in Conroe. Always delicious.

Getting back to the rig, Jan said that she wanted to take a nap, so that meant that I couldn’t work on the washer right then, and would have to take a nap too.


Post nap, I got ready to get the washer back in its hole, and the new small dolly came back to bite me. It was not only smaller in size, but it was also shorter due to having smaller wheels, which meant it was not up high enough to let me slide it in. Even with the bigger dolly, getting it started in the opening was always the hardest part of the job. But with the smaller one, it was just impossible for one person.


So every thing is on hold until tomorrow when I can get some boards to build up the dolly to the correct height, and then hopefully it will just slide right in.


Unfortunately with everything going on today, I never got a chance to install the new screen door catch that my son Chris made for me.

Tomorrow for sure.

Thought for the Day:

“Just because you can’t dance doesn’t mean you shouldn’t dance.” 
— Alcohol