Advertisements

Daily Archives: February 29, 2016

Almost, But Not Quite . . .

Jan and I started out on a walk this morning, but only ended up doing about a half a mile before we both decided we didn’t really want to walk this morning.

So maybe tomorrow.

We did sit outside with our coffee after our kinda-walk, and Shirley, Karma’s previous caretaker, came over to check on her. So I hooked up the leash to Karma’s harness and took her outside . . . or tried to, anyway.

As soon as tried to take her out the door, her claws latched onto the edge and hung on for dear life. Which is kind of funny, because that’s exactly what she did when we first tried to take her inside the coach four weeks ago today when she came to live with us.

And once I got Karma outside she did like being held by Shirley, but when I put her down, she freaked and tried to run under the rig,

We’ll keep taking her out a little at a time to help her get used to it. I fastened the leash to her harness last night and let her drag it around the rig for a while with no problems, so that’s a start.

Later in the afternoon I started back on the washer. First up was to mount the new pump to the angle stock that I had bolted across the bottom of the washer.

I had several pieces of large rubber washers to use for sound-deadening and vibration-damping. I also cut off a section of the heavy vinyl tubing to act as a spacer.

New Washer Pump Cushions_thumb[3]

asdfadsa

The left hand arrow points to the vinyl spacer that I used to level out the base of the pump, and the right two arrows point to the pieces of rubber that I used for cushioning and sound deadening.

New Washer Pump Mounting 1_thumb

Holding everything in place, I tightened down the two large stainless steel clamps until everything was snug, but not so tight that it might damage the pump.

After I did this, I tightened down all the clamps connecting the pump hoses to the washer so now it was ready to go.

New Washer Pump Mounting 2_thumb

After connecting the power leads, I used a couple of tie-wraps to lock things down a little more.

So now was the big test. I turned the washer back upright and rolled it over to the sink and plugged it in. Since I couldn’t hook up the water hoses, I poured several jugs of water into the drum, set the dial to Spin, and turned it on.

And about 5 seconds later, I had water gushing into the sink until it was all gone.

It worked!   And even better, I had no leakage underneath.

At this point I decided to wait until later to install the washer back in its hidey-hole. This turned out to be a slight mistake. Because when I did get back to it, I quickly discovered a problem.

Before I can start sliding the washer into the cabinet, I have to connect up the water hoses, and then plug the water drain hose into the drain pipe. But because I had moved the pump output around to the other side of the washer, I no longer had enough length to plug in the hose. If there was some way to plug it in after it was in the cabinet, no problem.

But now I was stuck. The local ACE hardware was already closed so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow morning to pick up a an extension hose.

AVG Antivirus Professional 2015
So it’s all on hold until then.


Thought for the Day:

“A Bill of Rights that means what the majority wants it to mean is worthless.” – the late Antonin Scalia, Supreme Court Justice.

asdfadsa

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: