Daily Archives: July 7, 2017

Sea food, Eat food . . .

About 4:30 we pick up our neighbor, Barbara Spade, one of the Rangers here at Colorado River, and headed up to La Grange to meet up with friends,

Debi and Ed Hurlburt, for dinner at Sealand Seafood. We’ve eaten here a number of times and have never been disappointed.

Jan got the 1 Fish, 6 Shrimp Platter, and I got the 1 Fish, 6 Oysters one.

Sealand Seafood = 1 Fish 6 Oysters

Then we traded 3 shrimp for 3 oysters, so we would both have some of each. Really good.

We haven’t seen Ed and Debi since this past March at the Lake Conroe Thousand Trails, right before we left on our western journey, so it was good to be able to catch up.

Sealand Seafood - Barbara Debi Ed

We’ll certainly get together again over at Lake Conroe, since they’ll be coming over there the day after we do this coming Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Coming home we stopped off at the nearby Wal-Mart so Barbara could pick up a few things, finally getting home about 8:30. A really nice time.

Still waiting to hear back from Coleman on whether or no they still sell a ducted RV AC. Hopefully I’ll hear back from them soon. In the meantime I dug out my Cen-Tech Infrared Thermometer to check the AC temps.

Infrared Thermometer - Cen-Tech

The 15K BTU unit in the front of the rig was showing 70° at the grill input and 49° at the output vent. Just about perfect.

However the AC in the bedroom was showing 69° in and 59° at the output vent. So only a 10° drop, way below what it should be. And a real indicator of a low Freon problem.

So more and more I’m leaning toward just replacing the unit. If I pull the old unit out and take it into a service place, it could easily be a couple of hundred dollars. And I would still have an 18 year old unit that could burn out the compressor next week.

I can get a new unit for $500 or so, and can install it in an hour or less. So that may be the way I go, even if I can’t interface it into the rig’s duct system.

So now I’ll just wait to hear back from Coleman and then decide.

Passport America, Save 50% on Campsites

In other AC news, I thought I would pull the cover off the front AC for our trip back to Lake Conroe on Sunday to see if it made any difference to the weak cooling while we’re on the road. But now it looks like it may be raining on the Conroe end of things, so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to get another check of the weather to see what I’m going to do.

Thought for the Day:

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection… again.


%d bloggers like this: