Slow, But Steady Progress . . .

I’m seeing slow but steady progress with my condition. Everything, especially my hands and fingers, seem to be working a little better.

Still no real pain, so I’ve avoided my prescribed pain medication, Tylenol with Codeine. But I did take a prescribed muscle relaxer yesterday afternoon to see if it would do anything about the tightness across my back.

Big Mistake!

I should have heeded the warning on the label MAY CAUSE DIZZINESS all in bold caps. It did reduce the tightness a little, but not enough to offset the severe dizziness that I had for about the next 12 hours.

I won’t do that again. From now on just a couplie of regular Tylenol now and then.

Houston Physician’s Hospital where I had my procedure done is just a couple of doors down from our favorite King Food. So Jan got some hot and sour soup to bring home for me to have, so I had a couple of cups of that today and some peanut butter right out of the jar. The first thing I’ve had since lunch yesterday at the hospital. And that seemed to fill me up pretty good.

Tomorrow I’ll get a shower for the first time so that will be also the first time I get to take my collar off. Just have keep the incision area dry.

And then if I’m still feeling up to it we’ll probably go out and grab a bite to eat just so I can get out of the rig a little bit and move around.

That’s about it for today.

Once again, thanks for the outpouring of concerns. It is much appreciated.

6 Responses to Slow, But Steady Progress . . .

1. Elizabeth says:

It is sounding good Greg!!  My hubby had pain for several days at the incision site, although immediate relief fortunately to his arm/hand etc.  I hope you can stay pain free. But wow, dizziness at our age is not wise…glad you did not fall or anything!!  Don’t overdo…be sure to rest a lot…so it has time to heal well!!

2. Linda Sand says:

Ah, yes. Taping plastic over the incision so you can shower. So worth it! But, I doubt you will feel up to going anywhere after the shower. It’s amazing how much energy a simple shower requires.

3. Don W says:

Glad you are doing so well. So I was thinking it’s time to lighten up the atmosphere. I know how much you and Jan like the old master painters. So here is a good play on words.

French man nearly got away with stealing a number of paintings from the Louvre. However, after planning the robbery and getting in and out and past security, he was captured only three blocks away when his Econoline ran out of gas. When asked how he could mastermind such a crime and then make such an obvious error, he replied, “I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the Van Gogh.”

Hope you have a little chuckle! Wishing you the best recovery!

4. Lois says:

Happy to see progress, praying for you.

5. Nancy W. Lee says:

So glad you are feeling better.  But take it slow and easy.  Our bodies heal at their own pace.  Your mind is not necessarily over body in this case.  You body says get up and go, but your body soon tells you that that is not the case.  Take your time – we’ll wait until you get your strength back.  Just remember – one day at a time!

6. Chris says:

I feel for you Greg. I had a similar operation 2 years ago.
    But from the other side. Spinal decompression with lamenectomy and Fused 4 cervical vertebrae. Tons of metal hardware. Other than you I went in walking fine but woke from the operation with a bum left leg. They Kept me in hospital for 2 weeks until I could walk properly again albeit with a walker. I just use a cane now but the tremendous pain I had is gone so worth it in the long run. We’ll be rooting for your steady improvement Greg. Good luck.