I’ve Got A Bad Feeling About This . . .

Last night after I finish and posted the blog, I was Googling Cummins 8.3 350 ISC Oil Filter Adapter, and I came up with this.

Cummins 8.3 350 ISC Oil Filter Adapter 1


Cummins 8.3 350 ISC Oil Filter Adapter 2

I’m beginning to think that this may be what I have rather than the one that Cummins says I have, i.e. the one that has two pieces and the gasket. Note that this one is one solid piece, and has the center shaft like mine does.

But if mine is really like this one, why does it still have the 4 bolts when they serve no purpose if it is just one piece?

I’ve Got A Bad Feeling About This.

So have I been tilting at the big rotary fan on this all this time?

So have I been lead down the floral avenue?

To try and figure it out I guess my next step is to get back under the bed and see if I can see anything from up top. Then Monday I’ll  be back on the phone to Cummins to see if I cant track down what’s going on.

I spent most of today trying to get a new Bixolon Label Printer hooked up to our UPS WorldShip computer. UPS sent them out about a week ago and said to connect them up and then send the old one back ASAP.

But after following all the instructions, loading the drivers from the CD, and configuring the settings, it didn’t work. But after going through 4 people that didn’t speak English, or at least any English I could understand, and then getting relayed through 3 more operators, I finally got someone who told me how to configure it to almost work.

He said the problem is actually with the WorldShip program itself, and they shouldn’t have sent the printers out this early. So we’ll have to wait for the final update to get everything working.

But on a high note, I did finally fix the networking problem I’ve been fighting for the last week. Turns out that it was a setting in the Administrative Tools/Services folder called Functional Discovery Resource Publication. The default is for it to be set to RUN, but it was OFF. And turning it ON fixed the problem.

Don’t know why it wasn’t turned on like it should have been.

It’s often the simplest things.

Thought For The Day:

The number of hunting licenses sold in the United States last year was greater than the ten biggest armies in the world combined.



3 Responses to I’ve Got A Bad Feeling About This . . .

  1. If anyone will figure out the problem I know you will.

    After just reading Nick’s post I’d like to wish you a Happy Birthday with many more to come.

    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It’s about time.

  2. Joseph Poirier says:

    Get a mirror and look at the side of the filter-oil cooler housing. If you see the gasket line you have a two piece assembly. The OE gaskets were assembled dry. they had some kind of glue in them that made disassembly hard. You may have to give a good wack with a hammer to crack it free. The parts book picture makes me think thats all you need to do. Old Mechanic

    • gregwhite says:


      Don’t know about glue on the joint. The data sheets show a plain fiber gasket, which I already have. I got my camera down in there this afternoon and it’s hard to tell, but I think I do have a two-piece adapter. At least it looks that way underneath all the crud.

      When I originally took the last of the 4 bolts out of the adapter, I moved to the side so it won’t hit me in the head as it came loose. When it didn’t, I reached up to tap it with a rubber mallet. when that didn’t work, I start hitting it harder and harder with no result.

      When that didn’t work, I decided I needed more leverage, so I screwed the old filter back in place and tried to break it loose by moving it back and forth. Still nothing.

      So grabbing my mallet again, I started whacking the filter harder and harder until I was denting in the sides of the bottom of the filter.

      So now I’m looking at a couple of other ideas.

      Thanks for the info.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: