You Decide . . .

After a nice morning Jan and I headed out about 2pm for lunch and stuff. And lunch was the Cheddars up in Webster once again.

And as usual Jan got her Key West Chicken and Shrimp with Green Beans and Carrots, while I got the Veggie Plate, with two Green Beans and two Carrots, and also comes with a bowl of soup and one of their Honey Butter Croissants.

I always get their Chicken Tortilla Soup which is really good. Not quite Monterey’s Little Mexico good, but good. However when we met Nick, Terry, and Bev up at the Cheddars in Katy last week, I saw that they didn’t have the Chicken Tortilla soup, but instead had something called Crispy Chicken Tender Noodle Soup, Turns out it was really bad.

It wasn’t a very good Chicken Noodle Soup, i.e. I’ve had better from a can with Campbell’s on it. And the ‘Crispy’ part consisted of some rock-hard nodules like oversized Grape Nuts, but didn’t taste as good.

So when I got my soup today I asked to speak with the manager to put in my vote for them to keep the  Chicken Tortilla version. Especially since the corporate website lists the Noodle Soup as the norm.

Turns out that this location is actually a franchise, not corporate, and they can have whatever soup they want. Great!

Next up was a quick stop by Harbor Freight to pick up some Alligator Clip Leads for work, and then it was on to my client’s to pick up my Amazon orders, including my new Panasonic FZ80 that came in.

On that note, yesterday I came across this Extra Battery and Car Charger for the FZ80 and ordered one.

FZ80 Spare Battery and Charger

Should be here tomorrow.

Then it was on to the Ace Hardware to pick up some stainless steel bolts, nuts, and washers to redo the windshield wiper mounting on our RV. They don’t make wipers that fit our arms anymore so I’m going improvise something that will work better than the kludge that I’ve been using.

So actually I’m coming up with a new kludge to replace the old kludge. So a better kludge, I guess.

Then it was on over to the WalMart for some supplies before we headed home.

Ok, ya’ll get to decide.

With her recent 50 pound weight loss, I’ve been encouraging Jan to change her look a bit, mostly by switching to darker, slightly redder hair color sort of like this.

Jan Before and After 2

She’s reluctant, having been blonde for so long, but she had dark red hair when I met her in 1967, and still was a redhead here in 1975, here with our daughter Brandi at Gulf Shores, AL.

Jan and Brandi 1975

So you decide, and let us know.

Did you ever notice that when you put the 2 words “The” and “IRS” together it spells “Theirs?”

hgjgjh

17 Responses to You Decide . . .

1. Tricia says:

I ascribe to the theory that my hair color should remain what God gave me from the beginning. So, I am addicted to the bottle – if hair color. I think she is cute either way. ☺️

2. Linda Sand says:

I think the red look younger in case that’s what she wants.

3. Bobbie Chapman says:

I’m definitely voting for the more red…goes better with her skin color and makes her look younger. Congrats on the weight loss… that’s not easy to do at our age.
    Bobbie Chapman

4. Nancy Lee says:

The red wins hands-down in my opinion. Frames her lovely face and takes years away.

5. Dave Cross says:

I like the red.

6. Karen says:

Going darker looks sooooooo much better!
    More youthful and vibrant!
    Go for it!

Awesome weight loss! Congrats! Did you do KETO?

7. kathy says:

red it is. She looks 10 years younger

8. Janna Clark says:

Jan looks GREAT!! I love the red!!

9. Barbara Westerfield says:

Jan is beautiful in either color, though I, too, prefer the red. Great job on the weight loss.

10. Anne Willis says:

Love the red on you, Jan!

11. Cat Lady says:

My vote is for the red. You’re so pretty, Jan, the red makes you look more vibrant.

12. Mike Resnick says:

Hi Jan: CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!!! Darker hair looks AWESOME on you. Go for it! Mike

13. Donald Wubben says:

The darker red makes you look a lot more distinguished, more youthful and vibrant also.
    Congrats on that weight loss

14. Congratulations on the weight loss Jan. While the red looks great, the gray will show much earlier.

15. Debra Mackey says:

Hey Greg,  I need some advice:

We are on our way to Grand Canyon this year in our Class A DP, and I wanted to go across S Texas.  However in my need for info I found several articles on the web saying I 10 and HWY 258 up to NM are unsafe due to all the fracking traffic in the area.  Since I know you live (PT) in Texas and have experience with the fracking industry I would like to know your thoughts on the route.

Also, my husband read in an RV mag that we should have a surge protector for our bus.  We have never used one and wondered if you have one you would recommend.

Thanks for any help you can provide on either issue.

Debra,

I wouldn’t think I-10 would really be a problem. And as far as US285, the last time we were actually on it was in 2007 when we were in a rental Class C and came up from the TX Panhandle to Carlsbad and then Roswell.

But it is a US Hwy so I wouldn’t expect a big problem. We’ve driven the TX county and state roads down in south Texas when we were gate-guarding and there was fracking/drilling going on all around us and we never had a problem moving the rig around.

Right now the big problem is the weather with 100mph winds blowing cars and trucks off the road. Take care.

As far as surge protectors, we’ve always used one of these, in our case, the 50amp internal one.

But they have a number of different models that you can view by clicking the selection boxes on the listing.

Ours has saved our RV a couple of time, including once to protect our rig. It has a lifetime warranty. Check it out.

Thanks for reading our blog. We appreciate the comment.